ATSA Affiliation Agreement
An Agreement of Professional Affiliation Between
The Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (ATSA)
and The Australia New Zealand Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abuse (ANZATSA)
Both organizations believe that we share common aims and goals with each other. The purpose of this agreement is to form a professional affiliation that will mutually benefit both organizations through the sharing of professional knowledge and expertise.
The Articles of Agreement:
The following articles constitute the points upon which the two organizations agree and which form the basis of this agreement. Both organizations agree that these articles may be amended as our experience with each other develops.
- Mutual recognition of common (although not identical) aims in our respective bylaws/constitution/articles of incorporation.
- Annual exchange (based on the needs of membership and in consideration of organization’s financial status) of one board member at each other’s annual board meeting/conference.
- Each organization will nominate their delegate and pay the delegate’s transportation, accommodations, and expenses.
- The hosting organization will offer the other’s delegate reduced rates to the annual conference.
- If a member of the other’s board is presenting a workshop at the annual conference the presenter will receive whatever amenities are routinely provided by the hosting organization.
- Each organization encourages its membership to submit proposals for presentations at the other’s annual conference.
- Each organization may present a member’s name for consideration of representation to the editorial board of each organization.
- Each organization reserves the right to choose editorial board members based on the organization’s criteria.
- Each organization agrees to collaborate for the creation of a biannual conference with alternating host countries.
In consideration of a biannual conference, financial standing and member needs will take precedence for each organization.
- A member from each organization will be on the planning committee.
- The host country will accept final responsibility for all conference costs.
- Each organization encourages its membership to submit proposals for presentations at the biannual conference.
- Both ATSA and ANZATSA will encourage their members to join the other organization.
- Membership dues may be reduced by either organization based on dual membership.